This Saturday, I helped Chef Sam Baker prepare fresh meals using local ingredients at the South of the James Farmers’ Market. The Chef shows up each week with limited equipment and some very basic pantry ingredients (salt, pepper, oil, spices) and then shops the market to see what is fresh. When he is finished gathering his ingredients, he whips up simple, creative dishes in front of the crowd to show market shoppers how to use all that the region has to offer in their own home kitchens.
- RT @thinkingofyouva: Great long, wet day @growrva Farmers Markets. Thanks to all that came out in rain. #sotj #midlothianmines 21 hours ago
- RT @ChrisTunaRVA: Rain won't stop the farmers so it won't stop me either! #SOTJ market to pick up my veggies and herbs #buylocal @growrva 1 day ago
- RT @Pizzatonightrva: We're at @growrva #sotj. 3 spaces in on the right with breakfast pizzas and the classics! 1 day ago
- RT @vegology: If you're skipping rainy market days, you're missing out. Here's why: vegologyblog.com/2012/08/26/soj… #sotj @growrva 1 day ago
- RT @drinkblanchards: It’s raining but the market is open and the coffee is hot! #rva #coffee #sotj @growrva 1 day ago